Monday, April 27, 2009

To Italy and Back




Although I should probably allow the jet lag to wear off before I attempt to compose a note about my trip, I fear that my work week will consume me and erase my amazing memories before I have a chance to jot them all down. So, in no order in particular, here are some of my favorite moments and adventures in Italy...

A 20 person dinner at a classic Milan restaurant for Carlo's birthday. As traditional as it gets, a grandmother serves all the guests with prosciutto, bread and wine when they enter the restaurant then lists off the few menu items quickly. Before jotting down your menu selection she dashes across the room at least 10 different times to discuss items with the kitchen and then serves you with the same efficiency and speed....







An amazing trip to Florence including late night strolls by the Duomo, two sunsets at piazza Micheal Angelo, lunch at Trattoria Anita and my favorite Osteria near Via San Zanobi, dashes through the Uffici and David (Academia), a quick trip to school to visit Jane, and more vino than I thought I could drink...








More to come soon...

No comments: