Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Nashville - The Family Edition



My very kind friend Melissa decided to boldly go where no one has gone before. On spring break with me, my mom and her mom. Luckily, we were headed to her city, to take over for a few days so she didn't have to travel to far.

But, she did manage to show all of us all the tourist attractions, side shows, local favorites and even a brewery we'd never seen before. From the Carnton Historic Plantation, in Franklin TN where the Franklin Battle took place in 1864 (photo above) to the Jack Daniels distillery in Lynchburg, TN (a "dry county" is no place for a distillery or a Collins) we saw it all. We even sipped on fine California wine at Kix Brooks new TN winery with my old pal Jessie from High School. It was a blast, and won't be forgotten for quite some time (even if I have to burn the image of the band leader at Robert's Western world eyeing my mom).



Mom and I poising with Jack Daniele's at his distillery...




A little rocking chair fun after the JD tour...





An overly kind welcome to the city...




Melissa and the Mean Machine...

No comments: