Thursday, March 3, 2011

Bri and Elena's Wedding: Top 5 List

I just returned from a trip to San Francisco, where I attended a good friend’s wedding. Brian Ringseis has been a surrogate older brother to me since….well since at least I was 4. Although I don’t hold him responsible for how I turned out, I will always think of him and now his awesome lady Elena, as family.

Top 5 list for Brian and Elena’s SF Wedding:

Drag Queen convention next door – I wish I had a photo of this, but somehow I missed all the potential photo opportunities while I was staring at the commotion. You’ll just have to trust me when I say that the Drag Queens who strutted through the hotel lobby toward their convention next door to the wedding were stunning, amazing and awe-inspiring. It was a perfect mix off 200+ wedding guests and dames filtering into the ballrooms. I’m pretty sure no one mixed the events up, but that story could still be floating out there.


Mike and Marlis, getting ready
Reasonable rooms available for guests – Finding the right space for a wedding in a big city must be difficult enough on it’s own – but finding one in a hotel that can offer reasonable hotel rooms for guests must be near impossible. But, the Hotel Whitcomb, offered Bri and Elena’s guests rooms for under $100, a short elevator ride away from the wedding. It was nice to get ready and sip on pre-wedding cocktails at the hotel before walking down to the ceremony.


Grand ballroom/Grand Crowds – The massive ballroom played its role as ceremony space, reception hall, dance party venue, and restaurant awesomely. It’s hard for one room to play all these roles and pull it off for a party of more than 200 people, but this one did it perfectly – Jeff Bridges style.



Cake – I’m a sucker for wedding cakes with style. So, a wedding cake in the shape of a building blew me away. Check it out.
  
  
Photo booth – I’ve become a bit of a sucker for photo booths at weddings and this was no exception. Although I didn’t find the booth until shortly before it closed, I had a few moments of fun with Jerome, my brother and my mom in the tiny booth and have the photos to prove it.

Marlis and I, not in a photo booth






Music – The selection for the bride’s walk down the isle, It Had To Be You by Harry Connick Jr. was simply perfect. And later, when the dance floor needed some spice, the DJ knew how to build it up. While the music wasn’t the star of the event, it was a beautiful compliment to the other elements.
 
Jerome, Marlis and I, still not in a photo booth but acting like it



No comments: