Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Making shopping fun

Friday began with some basic errands, coffee, mechanic and Costco, which was actually quite a bit of fun (my mom has special abilities to these mundane activities fun). Then off I went to meet Shirah, another wonderful permanent friend at my favorite local lunch spot, Comforts in San Anselmo. She recently gave birth to a beautiful baby girl who I snapped some shots of, but somehow missed taking a photo of my friend and I. Baby Harley slept throughout the full lunch, which gave Shirah and I the time to catch up. We chatted about life changes, work and the amazing Chinese chicken salads and bid out adieus.

San Francisco welcomed me back with sun-speckled arms. I entered the city under the premise there was to be heavy layers of fog and was pleasantly surprised to see a sunny Japan town when I pulled up to Mike and Marlis’ house (my home away from home). We spent the evening at a few new spots I can’t wait to get back to. Mars Bar -- in what I’ve always referred to as the flower district (I think others refer to it as an extension of SOMA now) -- had a great outdoor seating area and quick service. We moved onto a house party in the mission and enjoyed some old time San Francisco apartment mojitos. Then we headed to one of my new favorite taco stands in the Mission, Puerto Vallarta, for some carne asada goodness. The murals on the wall were highly entertaining and the burritos were amazing!

Our last stop at the much-hyped Zeitgeist was a blast. The homage sign to the Tamale Lady inside and incredible outdoor patio filled with long picnic tables provided plenty of entertainment and fresh air.





No comments: