Thursday, July 23, 2009

To the Top and Back: Bear Moutain and a Day on the Lake

Jenny's recent decision to move her car from Jersey into Manhattan has greatly increased my ability to see, hug and love nature. After my brush with death on my last camping trip, I prepared myself well for a day hike up Bear Mountain with Jenny. I had a flashlight, water, bug spray, sunblock, a good map and a great friend with for our adventure. Fortunately, we didn't need any of it.

We are both outdoors"wo"men and charged up bear mountain, reaching the top in record time. We may not have exactly mapped out our route, and simply followed the next path that appeared to lead up the mountain....but we made it without getting lost or missing any of the amazing views.

The views from the top inspired some photos. We made it back down the mountain in time to take a row around the lake and head to The Stadium for celebration beers. Hopefully, we'll get to do it again soon.





No comments: