Thursday, October 21, 2010

CMJ Music Marathon

I'm going to have to make this short and sweet, since I'm dashing off to enjoy the very festival I have to share with you but it's music madness week.  Of course, music madness is just my name for it but that's what it feels like.  I normally grow weary of searching Time Out New York, NY Mag, FlavorPill, etc. for good weekend concerts that will get my blood pumping and allow me to loose my mind for a little while.  But, this week CMJ made my life a whole lot easier.  They simply hand-picked hundreds of amazing artists for me and laid them out in some of my favorite venues over the next 5 days.  It's like having a really cool friend who tells you what to listen to and where to see it, based on your tastes.

I'm off to see Dan Magan at Mercury Lounge tonight and will be hitting up Littlefield's tomorrow night for a variety of artists.  We'll see what comes after that.  But, I highly recommend checking out the CMJ Music Marathon and Film Festival this weekend.

No comments: