Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Pride and Hope


Today was Obama's inauguration into presidency; which lead him to become the 44th President of the United States. I've never been more confident in our Country's future, despite the downturn in the economy and the relative crumbling of my fair city. As millions around the world watched, Obama addressed the American people and in true Presidential fashion set himself aside from the pack by poetically speaking TO the people about the hardships to come along our road to recovery. And, although it's been increasingly difficult for me to understand how this country, which is full of so many different opinions, cultures, and up bringing can pull together to accomplish any thing completely, he gave us all hope. So, as I complete my cheesy diatribe and head out the door to celebrate I feel comforted, revived and full of fight for our new President and administration.

No comments: